TikTok, one of the newest social media platforms, is all about making viral videos that are short and interesting. However, it appears to take a long time for new brands to establish a loyal following.
We have compiled 11 practical hints to assist you in expanding your TikTok profile and acquiring additional followers.
Utilize our potent TikTok management tool to save time. Get a free trial of our TikTok integration right now.
Posted on January 1 Make sure you know who to target with your content and are creating content that your target audience will enjoy before you can grow your following on any social media platform.
There are a few different approaches you can take to expand your TikTok audience.
First, think about looking into your industry’s rivals and influential people. What kind of content are they putting out there? Use your notes from the most watched videos to come up with your own original ideas.
Next, consider the types of content you’ve been posting to other feeds. Even though the content you post on TikTok will probably be very different from one another, you can still find some common trends and ideas for content that you know will be popular.
Finally, simply take a moment to reevaluate your customer persona and recall their preferences. What features would they like to see on a TikTok-like platform?
Keep in mind that everything is trial and error, especially with a brand-new network like TikTok that is driven by viral content. Before you find the video that really connects with your audience, you can try a million different kinds. Having a solid understanding of your target audience, on the other hand, can help ensure that it is significantly less than one million. Perhaps five or six.)
2. Keep an eye out for emerging trends on TikTok. If you’ve used the platform before, you may have noticed that some videos use the same sound clip or have very similar layouts. This is due to the fact that that kind of video is becoming popular, indicating its popularity. Make an effort to produce a video that is comparable to one that is appropriate for your company and makes use of relevant TikTok trends.
Check out the sound clips and hashtags that are currently trending on your app’s discover page for ideas for your own feed.
A screenshot of TikTok’s Discover tab.
As can be seen in the image above, #GymTok (which is ideal for fitness brands and gyms) and #LearnHow (which is ideal for brands sharing tutorials and step-by-step videos) are two popular hashtags that could be useful for particular businesses.
3. Create a TikTok challenge TikTok is famous for its various video challenges, such as dances, dares, and other challenges. There are likely to be a few different obstacles that you will encounter as you scroll through the videos on the app. Consider starting your very own TikTok challenge or seeing if any of them would work for your brand.
With the #MoonPieChallenge, MoonPie did exactly that in this instance. Their initial video on TikTok served as an introduction, and subsequent challenge videos provided additional content.
This was one of their most popular videos and a great way to introduce the app’s brand presence.
4. Use the right hashtags to help users find your content, just like hashtags do on Instagram, Twitter, and many other social media platforms. However, it is essential to use the appropriate hashtags.
One thing that a lot of people do is simply include the hashtags that are currently trending in their captions. However, if those hashtags aren’t actually relevant to what you’re posting, please don’t do this. Otherwise, it just appears to be spam.
Instead, when you are writing your caption, start typing in the relevant hashtags to see how many views they are getting. Also, don’t forget to use the ever-popular hashtags #fyp and #foryou, which are frequently used to get on the For You page. Although it hasn’t been proven that these hashtags affect placement, their widespread use can still increase your content’s reach.
How to determine hashtag popularity on TikTok.
5. Publish your videos on TikTok at the right times It is essential to determine the ideal posting time on TikTok in order to maximize your videos’ reach. By going into your business or creator tools and looking at your analytics, you can find this information.
Follower activity can be found by scrolling down in the Followers tab. You can see when and what days your followers are most active here. To get the best results, try publishing your posts just before the day’s busiest time.
Analytics of followers in the mobile app for TikTok.
Additionally, it’s a good idea to keep track of when your content has been published so that you can experiment with various times to determine what works best for your brand.
6. Ask if you can share user-generated content if people are mentioning your brand on TikTok or sharing videos that are extremely relevant to your industry. You can, of course, tag the original creator in the caption while giving them full credit.)
A fantastic illustration of user-generated content comes from The Sill, an online plant retailer. A video of a new customer opening one of their plants has been reshared.
This is a great way to promote their service, showcase contented clients, and inform potential customers of what to anticipate when placing an order with them.
7. Utilize TikTok influencers Influencer marketing is an excellent strategy for Instagram, but it also works for TikTok. Working with influencers can be a great way to promote your company because there are so many “TikTok-famous” users.
This illustration comes from popular TikTok user Kat Stickler. She recreated the well-known Harvard video application that Elle Woods created for a sponsored post for the skincare line Beekman 1802.
This is a great strategy for Beekman 1802 to use in order to reach an even larger audience because anyone who follows Kat is likely to view this video and possibly make a purchase from this brand.
Working with TikTok influencers comes with costs, so keep that in mind. You might want to look for TikTok micro-influencers who have a large, engaged audience in order to get started with your influencer marketing campaign.
8. To promote your presence on TikTok, use cross-promotion for your videos. Promote your videos cross-channelly because it’s possible that your followers on other channels won’t know you have a TikTok profile.
Because other platforms, such as Instagram and YouTube, offer their own versions of short form video content, you are in the ideal position to repurpose content created for TikTok videos. With the TikTok logo and your handle in the upper-right corner of the screen, you can save videos from your TikTok feed and upload them as-is to Twitter and Instagram (feed videos). This makes it easy for your TikTok followers to find you.
On some platforms, original content over repurposed TikTok videos cannot be promoted. You will need to either upload the original short video or edit it accordingly because watermarked videos cannot be reposted in Instagram Reels. Videos with TikTok watermarks can be uploaded to YouTube Shorts, but they can’t be made money.
9. Engage your audience with TikTok features Interacting with other videos is one of the best ways to get more people to look at your TikTok profile. Comment, like, and stitch or duet other users’ videos.
Using stitching, you can add your own video to the end of a clip from another user’s video.
When you do dueting, you place your video next to the video of another user. This lets you respond to or add content to an already existing video.
Make sure you have a collection of stitch or duet videos that have a lot to do with your brand. Otherwise, all you need to do to catch the attention of your target audience is to like and comment on their videos.
10. To increase your TikTok followers, use call-to-action buttons at the end of your videos. Ask!
Be sure to end all of your videos with CTAs that encourage viewers to follow you, check out similar videos, or visit your profile. As shown in this Visme example, this can be accomplished by including a straightforward text sticker near the end of your video.
at the end of a TikTok video, a call to action.
It won’t matter if one or two videos contain a call to action to follow your content, even though doing this with each video you post can leave a bad taste in the mouths of your current followers.
This method is most effective when creating a video series or posting a video with multiple parts. Just add a text sticker with the phrase “Follow us to catch part two!”
11. Try advertising on TikTok Our final recommendation is to simply test promoting your TikTok videos with a portion of your advertising budget. This is the best approach to take when you are just starting out so that you can figure out what works and doesn’t work for your upcoming videos.
There are a few different kinds of TikTok ads you can try, but the best ones for this are brand takeover or in-feed ads. In contrast, these require your own video content; As a result, start thinking about some catchy videos that will get your intended audience to follow you.
Get more TikTok followers right now Are you looking forward to putting some of these strategies to use right away? Start by learning from the tactics that have worked for other TikTok brands. TikTok has the potential to be a great way to raise brand awareness and generate revenue, so don’t put it off.\